What To Expect
Your initial consultation at Trumbull Orthodntics will give you the opportunity to meet our team and learn more about orthodontics. We can’t wait to welcome you to our office.
Dr. Lubna Khan will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and discuss treatment options that best meets your needs.
During the initial consultation, Dr. Khan will take a Panorex X-ray and photos, and provide an explanation of her diagnosis.
The purpose of the initial examination is to address the following questions:
- Is there a problem that can be treated with Orthodontics?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated to correct the problem?
- Will any baby teeth or permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
- What are my payment options?
If orthodontic treatment is indicated at this time, an appointment for the remaining Diagnostic Records is scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be taken at the initial visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Study models of your teeth.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs.
- Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment for either early treatment or comprehensive treatment. This includes all appliances, braces or Invisalign, office visits, and procedures performed in the office.
- One set of final retainers is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. We understand that “life happens!” If you’re running late or need to reschedule, please let us know and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office.
Visiting the Dentist During Orthodontic Treatment
During your orthodontic treatment, it is essential that you continue to visit your family dentist once every six months for teeth cleanings and routine dental check ups. Our office will be happy to coordinate with your family dentist to make sure all your dental needs are met over the course of your treatment.